-BCBSWNY Hosts Two-Day Conference for Regional Health IT Leaders-
Buffalo, N.Y. June 18, 2019 – BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York partnered with global organization, Health-Information Sharing and Analysis Center (H-ISAC) to host a cybersecurity conference for regional CIOs, CISOs, and IT security teams in the health care sector from June 18 to 19.
Prominent cybersecurity information sharing organization, H-ISAC, brings together cybersecurity professionals from the health care industry to share knowledge, experience and approaches on how the sector can better mitigate cyber threats.
“BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York’s strong commitment to cybersecurity makes our headquarters an ideal host for H-ISAC’s conference,” said Scott Morris, Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer. “H-ISAC is a tremendous resource for data security. We see a plethora of tangible outcomes from information sharing, and will continue to support initiatives that focus on effective data security.”
Conference attendees will hear from BlueCross BlueShield, Catholic Health System, Dignity Health, Merck & Co., Kaleida Health and other leading companies on a multitude of data security topics over the two days. The conference will also offer a number of interactive breakout sessions on best practices for cybersecurity.
Speakers and presentations:
• Hunting from Scratch by Elise Manna, Threat Operations Lead, Dignity Health
• Establishing a Process to Complete Hospital Security Questionnaires by Matthew McMahon, Product and Solution Security Expert, Siemens Healthineers
• Segmenting an Enterprise Network: Program Highlights, Achievements and Challenges by David Buckmaster, Director, Network Security Engineering, Merck
• Our Customers Need A Hero: Save Them From Internet Villains With DMARC by Stephen Mitchell, Cybersecurity Engineer, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
• Application Visibility Through Endpoint Telemetry by Joe Malinka, Director, Sales Engineering, TrueFort
• Identity Access Management Journey in Health Care by Kevin J. Gilbert, Chief Information Security Officer, Kaleida Health
• Approach at Catholic Health System to Quantify Cyber Risk and Effectively Relay Operational Performance to Committees of the Board by Jeremy Walczak, VP IT Security & Chief Information Officer, Catholic Health System
About BlueCross BlueShield of WNY
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York is a division of HealthNow New York Inc., an independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. Since 1936, BlueShield has helped millions of people lead healthier lives. BlueShield offers a full range of insured, self-insured, and government programs and services covering businesses, families, and individuals, as well as life and disability coverage, dental and vision plans and stop-loss coverage. As a community-based, not-for-profit health plan, BlueCross BlueShield contributes significantly to organizations that strengthen and enrich the health of our community.
Formerly the National Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (NH-ISAC), Health-ISAC (H-ISAC), founded in 2010, is a global, non-profit, member-driven organization where health sector stakeholders join a trusted community and forum for coordinating, collaborating and sharing vital Physical and Cyber Threat Intelligence and best practices with each other. Members use this information to extend their security operations team and to create situational awareness, inform risk-based decision-making and mitigate against threats.
Member organizations become stronger by working together, benefiting the entire health sector and its vital role in critical infrastructure worldwide. For information on membership, workshops, summits and to sign up to receive threat alerts, please go to www.h-isac.org and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.