- 2023 Year in Review —Letter from CEO
- Registration/Call for Papers – APAC and Spring Americas Summit
- T-Sig Webinar – January 11th — How to use the newly released OCR SRA 4.0 FREE assessment tool
- Member Portal –Highlight of working groups
- Community Offering –Health-ISAC partnered with AHIMA to offer a Cyber Threat Intelligence Course with a Certificate
PDF version:2024 January
Collaborating for Resilience in Healthcare – 2023 Review
2023 was another successful year for Health-ISAC, with continued delivery of valuable information, services, and initiatives to ensure the resiliency of the global health sector.
- – Over 2,070 individuals attended our various events, including 45 webinars, 4 summits, 12 workshops, 12 European Cyber Threat Landscape Tours, 2 Hobby Exercises, 7 preparedness and resiliency tabletop exercises, and several cus- tomized exercises conducted for members.
- – Over 430 people from 156 organizations participated in our Medical Device Cyber Security Council, and 2,067 supported our other 25+ working groups and committees.
- – Over 1,044 Targeted Alerts were sent out to members and non-members.
- – Phenomenal sharing took place around Hacktivist DD0S attacks in January and February of 2023
- – Participated with Microsoft and Forte on the takedown of Cobalt Strike
We also had many ‘firsts’:
- – Held an inaugural APAC Summit in Singapore
- – Conducted the first European Hobby Exercise
- – Established the Trailblazer Special Interest Group (T-SIG) program specifically for Members at small and medium-sized businesses.
- – Provided CTI Analyst Training supported by Cyware at the Fall Americas Summit
- – Created the Health-ISAC Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) Studio in partnership with Cybeats to improve software component transparency for both members and the broader healthcare community.
- – Implemented, along with the American Health Information Management Association® (AHIMA), a certification program with an initial course designed specifically for healthcare professionals entitled Introduction to Information Security and Cyber Threat Intelligence,
- – Provided partial funding to the Cyber Working Group of the Health Sector Coordinating Council (H-SCC CWG) for the development of a free cybersecurity training video series titled “Cybersecurity for the Clinician.”
These are just some highlights from an extremely busy and resourceful year. Look for a full overview in our Annual Report, which will be coming out soon.
Here’s to another year of working together to make healthcare resilient in 2024.
Health-ISAC President and CEO
APAC Summit in Australia
Registration opens on January 17, 2024.
Spring Americas Summit
Paper submission deadline is January 31, 2024.
TRAILBLAZER SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (T-SIG)
T-SIG Webinar Series – Occurs on the 2nd Thursday of each month
Upcoming: Thursday, Jan 11, 2024, 11:30 am – 12 pm
Join us for some practical “how-to” guidance directly relevant to small and medium-sized organizations.
Topic: How to use the newly released OCR SRA 4.0 FREE assessment tool.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), in collaboration with the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR), developed a downloadable Security Risk Assessment (SRA) that helps to reveal areas where your organization’s information could be at risk.
CYBER THREAT INTELLIGENCE CERTIFICATE
Introduction to Information Security and Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI)
Build a more resilient and knowledgeable cybersecurity workforce in your organization with this 5-hour course, developed by Health-ISAC specifically for healthcare professionals, in partnership with The American Health Information Management Association® (AHIMA®).
Learn more here https://h-isac.org/ahima/.
For assistance, reach out to email@example.com.
By the Members – for the Members
Leveraging the community to address specific challenges, Working Groups serve as discussion forums and create products such as re-usable templates, policies, and best practices.
Any Member is welcome to join a Working Group! View a full list of groups with meeting dates and join a group. Simply click on the “Connect with Members” tile in the Member Portal.
RESOURCES AND MEDIA
Tribute to Steve Katz, The World’s First CISO
Reflections by Denise Anderson, Health-ISAC President and CEO, and Errol Weiss, Health-ISAC Chief Security Officer and others.
Training Videos – Cybersecurity for the Clinician
Start the year off with a better understanding of cybersecurity best practices. These bite-sized videos are a must-view for every clinician office.
Access them here https://healthsectorcouncil.org/cyberclinicianvideos/
MORE UPCOMING EVENTS –> Find these on our website EVENTS PAGE
January 17 Proactive Threat Hunting for Healthcare Organizations
Navigator webinar with Binalyze
Feb 25-28 ViVE 2024 in Los Angeles, California. Health-ISAC will be presenting and exhibiting.
March 7 Health-ISAC Cybersecurity Workshop in San Diego, California
April 7-9 Medical Device Expo Spring 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Health-ISAC will be presenting.
April 10 Health-ISAC Cybersecurity Workshop in Rosslyn, Virginia
Monthly Member Events
T-SIG Webinar for SMB Members
Monthly on the 2nd Thursday at 12:30pm ET
Engaging Talks & Contributions
Monthly on the last Thursday at 12pm ET
Member Threat Briefing
Monthly on the last Tuesday at 12pm ET