- – European Summit checklist and Round Table Topics
– New T-SIG for SMB Members
– Call to Participate: Healthcare Benchmarking Study
– Board of Directors voting opens October 16
– Cybersecurity Awareness Month Resources
– Fall Americas Summit Keynote
– New Physical Security Working Group
– Upcoming Events and Webinars
Pdf versionOctober 2023
SUMMIT IS COMING! – Only 2 Weeks Away HAVE YOU…
1. Registered? Registration closes October 12.
2. Booked your room? On-site rooms are limited.
3. Viewed the agenda? The agenda contains newly added Member Round Table discussions. These Tuesday sessions are small group Member-led deep dive discussions:
- • Mental Health of Cybersecurity Professionals
• Patch Management
• Blue Team Operations and How We Can Mature Them
• Future Hospitals and the Cybersecurity Challenge they Represent
• Marketing for Your Cybersecurity Achievements to Your Internal Stakeholders
• Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment: Where Does it Start? End?
T-SIG for SMB Members
New Health-ISAC Trailblazer Special Interest Group program exclusively for Members at Small and Medium sized Businesses
“The T-SIG Slack Forum and Member Portal group will be a safe place for SMB Members to ask questions and receive guidance from several experienced CISOs who have volunteered to moderate the channels,” says Don Weary, Health-ISAC Director of Services Engagement. The program has three key components:
1. T-SIG Moderated Slack Forum
2. T-SIG Member Portal Group
3. T-SIG Webinar Series
The webinar series, run by Chief Security Officer Errol Weiss, will run once a month, beginning November 9.” The 30-minute webinars cover tactical and actionable topics and provide immediate takeaways for your organization. For more information, refer to the September 27 list server announcement or email email@example.com.
Censinet Benchmark Deadline and Resources
Participate in Wave 3 of The Healthcare Cybersecurity Benchmarking Study
November 1st is the deadline to complete your part in this useful sector survey. “With comprehensive benchmarks across recognized security practices…the Study goes a long way toward strengthening the long-term cyber resiliency of both our community and the broader healthcare sector,” says Errol Weiss, Chief security officer at Health-ISAC. To participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Helpful Resources and Tools, like Peer Benchmarking and Free Third-Party Risk Management Services for Health-ISAC Members here https://h-isac.org/censinet/.
Board Elections Begin Soon
Health ISAC Board of Directors Voting Will Open on October 16, 2023.
The election period will remain open until 8 pm EDT on October 27, 2023. The invitation to vote will be sent to each Member’s POC and CISO. Each organization has one vote. Be sure to vote.
Your vote is important!
Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Health-ISAC is proud to be a 7-year Champion!
Health-ISAC is proud to be a 7-year Champion!
Get ready for shareable videos, cyber headlines, and more to help spread cyber hygiene all month.
Fall Americas Summit – San Antonio
Saddle up and get ready to ride!
Fall Americas Summit is less than two months away. This is one campfire discussion for resilience
in healthcare you don’t want to miss.
Keynote Shawnee Delaney, Founder and CEO of Vaillance Group, presents Stealing Innovation: The Threat of Corporate Espionage and Intellectual Property Theft.
On-site Hotel rooms are going fast!
Register with early bird pricing until October 22.
New Physical Security Working Group
The Physical Working Group kicks off Friday, October 20 at 11AM ET.
Establish best practice communications for security procedures. Coordinate incident reporting to provide information to the membership community in times of crisis or recovery. Further focus will be on force protection of facilities to prevent or reduce the impact of physical threats to healthcare facilities.
Join in the Member Portal or email email@example.com.
More Upcoming Events
View all Health-ISAC Events
October 9: Scoping the Cyber Threat Landscape & Staying Safe Online
– Errol Weiss presentation at AHIMA Summit23
October 10: Safeguarding Patient Data: Assessing Healthcare Data Protection Measures
– Navigator webinar with Imperva
October 11: Unveiling Scale: How Hackers Exploit Generative AI in Crafting Phishing Scams
– Navigator webinar webinar with Tessian
October 17: Maximizing Your Microsoft 365 E5 Investment in Healthcare
– Navigator webinar with Levacloud
October 18: API Discovery’s Role in Healthcare Cybersecurity
– Navigator webinar webinar with Akamai
October 24: Healthcare Cybersecurity and Third-Party Risk Management Workshop
– Ann Arbor, MI
October 26 – Engaging Talks and Contributions webinar with Health-ISAC Community Services
October 31 – Member Threat Briefing